JOB TITLE: Electrician
DIVISION: Facilities Management
REPORTS TO: Manager, Electrical
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
SUMMARY: The Electrician will install, maintain and repair all aspects of the electrical control, wiring and lighting systems throughout the Saint Louis Zoo. As an active member of Facilities Management, this position will support the Zoo’s mission and advocate the Zoo’s core values and three keys.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects Management’s definition of essential functions for this position but does not restrict additional assigned tasks. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position. COVID vaccinations are required for this position.
· Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical components, electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures.
· As per code compliance, inspect electrical systems, transformers, circuit breakers and other electrical components to identify hazards, defects, the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
· Troubleshoot and trace electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
· Utilize the CMMS work order system for work scheduling, preventative maintenance programs and record keeping.
· Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
· Utilize the building automation system to monitor, diagnose and ensure systems are operating at full efficiency.
· Analyze electrical system requirements, conduct research on new equipment and procedures, and recommend new systems or modifications.
· Provide on-call, weekend or evening event coverage if needed.
· Ensure that proper safety guidelines and usage of PPE are followed at all times.
· Know and understand the Zoo employee handbook and adhere to all stated disciplinary actions and personnel policies.
· Work in close collaboration with all Zoo internal departments.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Supervision of other employees is not a responsibility of this position.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Minimum of two years’ experience in the technical fields involving the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment preferred.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Good attendance record and work ethic.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
· All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check and drug test.
· Must be able to push, pull, bend, squat, stoop, and twist many times a day.
· Must be able to safely lift, carry and load 50 pounds.
· Physical capacity to endure exposure to inclement weather, dust, potentially dangerous and unpredictable animal species, potentially dangerous machinery, restraint devices and hazardous chemicals. Use of proper PPE may be required.
This position will work in both a shop environment and outside. Significant exposure to weather is possible.